Home » Application

Application

You want to do weltwärts and volunteer with SAGE Net? Send your application to south-africa@sage-net.org or
SAGE NET
c/o Ms A. Scott
Private Bag X7 Observatory
Cape Town 7935

Please send the following documents:

Application period:

14th March 2022 until 15th April 2022

What happens next?

After your application has been evaluated, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for a first Skype interview. In this way, we would like to get to know you and your interest in volunteer work in Germany better.
The Skype interview will give us an idea of whether you fit in with our organisation.

After the Skype interview, we will inform you as soon as possible whether you are accepted or rejected. We always try to respond to your wishes and find the right project for you!

contact person

WELTWÄRTS volunteer service

A mandatory part of the volunteer service is the preparation seminar, where topics are covered that prepare you for your stay. We learn new things in a playful way. Since weltwärts is a development policy volunteer service, you should educate yourself about political world events. We collect (book) recommendations from our volunteers and have linked them HERE.

Weltwärts is a volunteer service funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The BMZ pays 75% of the costs for each volunteer. The remaining 25% is contributed in the form of donations.

SAGE Net will draw up a contract for you, take care of your insurance and accommodation. Through BMZ finances, the return flight will be booked for you and you will receive a monthly allowance. Before leaving the country, the visa application will be discussed with you in detail and you will be provided with all necessary documents. In South Africa itself, you will have a mentor at your side who you can contact at any time and who will work closely with the volunteers. In addition, SAGE Net organizes a preparation, mid-term and follow-up seminar.